DUTIES AND SERVICES
- Provide financial support to uplift the Cinema Industry. (Loan Schemes)
- Registration of all foreign shootings and observe them
- Registration of local films and local TV commercials
- Organize international film festivals with foreign missions and other relevant authorities
- Coordinate welfare programs for retired artistes and technicians
- Organize the Presidential Film awards ceremony
PRODUCTION OF LOCAL FILMS AND LOCAL TV COMMERCIALSLOCAL FILMS Registration - Requirements
- Business registration certificate( original) along with certified copy .
- Three copies of the agreement with the artistes and technicians.
- Payment of Rs 2000.00
- Main artist or technicians Rs. 250000.00
- Assistant artist or technicians Rs. 150000.00
- Importation of camera equipments and accessoriesRs. 5000.00
- Request letter
- Script / Story board
- Details of the format
- Payment of Rs 10000.00
NATIONAL FILM DEVELOPMENT FUND
National Film Development Fund Established under the Gazette Extraordinary of the Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka issued on 27 December, 1993 No.799/1NAMES OF THE BOARD OF GOVENERS APPOINTED TO THE NATIONAL FILM DEVELOPMENT FUND National Film Development Fund Regulations
- These regulations may be cited as the National Film Development Fund Regulations, No.1 of 1994
- There shall be established for the purpose of developing the Film Industry a fund which shall he called the National Film Development Fund (hereinafter referred to as " the Fund"
- There shall be paid into the Fund
- any grants made by the Government
- donations from any source, whether local or foreign.
- The monies in the Fund shall be utilized for any of the following purposes
- to provide the equipment and raw materials required for the local film industry, and to sponsor , promote and assisted the production of films locally.
- to ensure the provision by cinemas, of adequate services and facilities necessary for the convenience and safety of patrons and workers in cinemas.
- to promote the improvement of other branches of the film industry
- to provide comfortable seating in cinemas and the improvement of facilities which cater to the needs of patrons
- to provide technical equipment necessary for clear audio and video reception, and the screening of high quality films.
- to provide scholarships, to artists engaged in the film industry, including make-up artists, art directors and actors, on such terms and conditions as the Board of Control may determine
- to promote the production of artistic and original high quality films, recommended by a Script Evaluation Committee appointed by the Board of Control of the Fund, by the granting of loans, including loans to acquire technical and other equipment required for the production of such films
- to grant loans to professional technicians, engaged in the film industry, for a continuous period of at least five years and who have worked in the production of at least ten films, to enable them to enhance and improve their skills
- to provide loans for repairs and modernization of cinemas and installation of the equipment.
- to consider applications for assistance from the production sector.
- The procedure to be adopted in granting loans and assistance from the Fund shall be as follows
- Assistance in the form of grants from the fund shall be given only for the payment of import duty and customs duty on the import of technical equipment and raw materials required for the local film industry and in granting scholarships to artists and technicians engaged in the film industry.
NFC CINEMA HALLTechnology
- Xenon lamp projector
- Original DTS/ Dolby sound system with original JBL speaker system
- Well echoes tic treatments
- Blue Ray DVD Projectors
- Air condition
- Giant screen
- 340 seat capacity
- Car parking facilities
- Rs. 30,000.00
- Rs. 30,000.00
- Rs. 6000.00 Charges For A Day
- Rs. 2000.00 Charges For a Event
- Rs. 2000.00