We are committed to mobilize local creative talent to develop Sri Lanka's cinema industry to be in par with world standards.
To take all measures to protect, safeguard, develop & promote the Sri Lankan cinema as well as the national film industry as an integral part of social, economic and cultural life of our country.
Madam Sirimavo Ratwatte Dias Bandaranaike who founded The State Film Corporation of Sri Lanka for the development of the Sri Lanka film industry by a special act of parliament on 21 January 1972 during her term of office as Prime Minister of the Republic of Sri Lanka from 1970 to 1977
PARLIAMENT OF CEYLON 2 ND SESSION 1971 - 72
STATE FILM CORPORATION ACT, NO 47 OF 1971 AMENDED BY ACT NO 45 OF 1980
Honourable Maithripala Sirisena
President of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka
Honourable Ranil Wickramasinghe,
Prime Minister of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka
Mr. Gayantha Karunathilaka
Honourable Minister of Parliamentary Reforms & Mass Media
Mr. Karunarathna Paranawithana
Hon.Deputy Minister of Parliamentary Reforms & Mass Media
Mr. Deepal Chandraratne
Chairman - The National Film Corporation of Sri Lanka
- Improve the infrastructure of film production
- Modernize and upgrade the cinema theaters to uplift the cinema industry
- Promote the development of film importation and distribution process to safeguard the cinema industry
- Modernize the studio facilities to provide better services.
- Create new spaces to promote cinematographic culture